Thursday, December 17, 2015

lippies talk

  During fall, I've been experimenting a lot with lip products. Well, when I say experimenting, I mean staying in the same color range: nudes. I've never been a fan of lipsticks/lip glosses (still iffy about the latter) but then, I started to fangirl over Kylie Jenner, aka lipstick Queen. In an interview, she said her favorite were lip liners and even named a few or her favorites. The majority being expensive (MAC, Anastasia, etc) and unavailable where I live, I had to find some drugstore dupes. 


After numerous sleepless nights searching online for swatches and color/formula dupes, I finaly got my hands on three that I really like. I don't have the same skintone as Kylie so most of the colors looks darker on me but I still love them. 


The first one is called Exaggerate lip liner in Eastend Snob by Rimmel who is a dupe for Charlotte Tilbury’s Lip cheat lip liner in Pillow Talk (Rimmel's is slightly darker but gives the same effect). A lot were saying it was a MAC's Whirl dupe but I wasn't convinced... Whirl is more on the brown side, Eastend Snob is pink.

Secondly, I fell in love with Tess Christine's favorite lip liner which is Naked 2 by Urban Decay. The brand not being available in my city, I made tons of research to find this one by NYX called Nude. There is two more I need to try out from the brand to compare but it'll be for a next post because they were sold out in store. This color is my palest nude, I love it when I have a smokey eye or brown tones on my eyes.


And lastly I have the creamy matte lipstick in Nude Nuance by Maybelline which is a dupe for MAC's infamous Whirl lip liner. I was so happy to find this one. Whirl was a color I was dying to get my hands. This one is the same color and a fraction of the price. These matte lipsticks by Maybelline are fantastic in my opinion. They don't dry the lips and stay all day. I highly recomend them!


From bottom to top: Nude nuance by Maybelline; Nude by NYX; Eastend snob by Rimmel