Sunday, October 18, 2015

Paris Fashion week

Paris is my favorite fashion week - followed by Ney York and Milan. I'm a european at heart - and roots - and lots of my favorite designers/shows are at PFW. I was surprised to see tracksuits separates at the start of the ChloĆ© show. It's very unusual of the brand but soon, the festival/free spirited classic vides too over the runway showing various flowy dresses, peasant tops, rainbow colored pleated skirts/dresses, lace up sandals. The 90s vibe was not too far as oversized & frayed denim separates took over for a couple looks. I loved the wide leg overalls. This season, Rousting toned down on the black and used more neutrals colors for his creations with a few pop of color here and there using teal and orange hues. This left me a little sad - I love the monochromatic vibe Balmain adopted over the past seasons, I was sad to see it all go. That being said, the beadings and rufflings though, stayed for the SS16 season, a classic of the house. Suede was the main part of the looks. It was on everything, literaly. From mini dresses to pants and even bodysuits. Disapointment was felt for Isabel Marant who is - one of - my favorite designer. I didn't like the vibe or the show. The sequins leggings are not my cup of tea and I was not a fan of the pants under skirts... It reminds me of cringe-y outfits I used to wear in primary school. Harrem pants and metallic bottows/outwears mixed in with the bohemian, festival-goers tops, a classic of Marant's style. 


Saint Laurent, on another hand, lived up to my expectations. I love the biker, grungy style of the brand, I think it's one of the reason why I'm so obsessed with Heidi Slimane's collection every seasons. Lots of plunging necklines, see-trough dresses - and nip-slips - this season on both minis and long gowns, all in the slip dress style. It's an interesting contrast with the biker look of denim and leather. Oversixed blazers and wide leg pants gave the classic tux a new allure I'm really found of. The hunter boots threw me off a little I have to admis and what was going on with all these tiaras on the models's heads? Bright prints in colorful hues took part of the first segment at Stella McCartney, followed by black&white and its compagnons. Bright knit separates, re-invented polo tee shirt - and in dress form - in it's classic fabric and in denim. The suits were oversized and black, white or nude. I loved the variety of sleeveless jacket with long pants, more summer apropriate than a bulky blazer. For the last segment, a veriety of psychadelic patterned dresses in bright colors. It wouldn't be a (Alexander) McQueen show without victorian looking gowns with ruffles cascading across the body and falling off shoulders, tattered laces   English roses bloomed on a coupledressed in the middle of the collection, giving a stronger old London/Paris vibe the house is known for. Some looks were very costume-y but again, so was the victorian era. This particular dress game me major Katniss Everdeen feels - it must be the bird embroderie.