Wednesday, May 27, 2015

May favorites


Beauty

Fit me matte+poreless foundation by Maybelline I've been wanting to try this foundation for so long and I finally got it. After seeing so many good reviews on Youtube and blogs, I decided to buy it since it was on sale. When I first started with makeup, I loved the Fit me foundation (the original one) but now that I got older and know a lot more about makeup, I found out that it wasn't for my skin type at all. Recently, they came out with a new formula for normal to oily and I love it. You can read my review here.

Lash sensational mascara by Maybelline This is Maybelline's latest mascara and like most of their mascara, I like it. The brush reminds me a lot of the butterfly one by L'Oréal which I also like. 

Matte about you top coat by Essie Matte nails have ben my favourites for a while now  but the only matte top coat I had wasn't working very well - to not say at all - and the other one was a black polish. I was septical to buy the Essie top coat becuase if it doesn't works, I'll be a waste of money. Thankfully it worked and I am loving it. And surprisingly, it only take seconds to dry which makes me want to paint my nails more often! 

Ladylike nail polish by Essie You might already know that I'm obsessed with nude nails since a couple weeks. I am loving this trend! This one is a light, mauve-y nude. 

Bikini so teeny nail polish by Essie I bought this polish almost two years ago and now just decided to give it some love. Not that I didn't like the color when I bought it, my taste just changed. I now prefer most settle or neutral colors. I've grown out of love with bright colors. I still like a bright nail for summer but I became really, really picky. I lvoe this baby blue color with a hint of purple. It reminds me of a color Kylie Jenner wore once.

Lip scrub I found them pointless when I first started using them but that's only becasue I wasn't using them properly. Yes, my lips were softer but the dry/chapped skin stayed. I found a new method online who said to remove the lips crub with a warm cloth and it really makes a difference. I was very surprised. 

Gel liner For a long time I did my makeup without gel liner and after purchasing a new one (finally!) I can't go without. My favourite is the infallible gel liner by L'Oréal. It's really, really black and stay all day. 

Flowerbomb perfume by Victor&Rolf I bought this last summer when I was on holiday since it's not available where I live. I only got the rollerball so I have to use it carefully, lol. I love this perfume, it stays on for ages and smells really good. Definelty one of my favourite from my collection. It's sweet and floral but not grandma floral.

Fashion

Striped tee After months of having a striped tee in my drawer, I finally decided to tailor it (it was too big) and I've been living in it since then. Stripes is one of my favourite print, along with plaid. It's monochrome colors goes with everything from blue jeans to red shorts.

Cut out booties/sandals The sun decided to show up here in Canada this month whic means the sandals can finally come out of their boxes, yay! I bought a pair of black,lazer cut sandals last year (they were on sale for 25$ I think) but haven't worn then really much since it was almost fall when I bought them. This year though, I'm gonna wear them a lot. They goes with almost everything becasue they're black and have a small wedge. 

Random

Supernatural I've been staching this TV show non-stop this month. Literally. It's so addicting! The Winchester siblings are definetly entertaining, haha. 

Best of me Why didn't I watch this movie before? What was I waiting for? I had it in my collection ever since it came out but never watched it. Silly me! Just like all of Nicholas Sparks's movies/books, this one didn't let me down. I was a little mad at the end of the film but who wouldn't!

Mockingjay by Susanne Collins I borrowed this book in November after the movie came out and recently started reading it. Imediatly after I started the book, I was wondering why didn't I read this before!? I wouldn't buy this series - it's nowhere as good as the Divergent series by Veronica Roth - but it's a very entertaining book. I love how something is always happening so you don't have time to get bored and never wants to put the damn book down.

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare I finaly got back into reading The Mortal Instrument series after having them resting in my bookshelve for over a year... I don't know why I stopped reading this series - it's so good and addicting! - but I highly regret this stupid decision. I finished the third booklast month (I was half-way trough since over a year) and it was so good. My OTP is finally together and that's all I wished for, haha.

Book diary At first, I wanted to start blogging about books (if you didn't know, I LOVE books) but I had to retain myself because my scheddule doesn't allow me to. Instead, I bought a notebook and write book reviews in there. I love ranting about books but I can never share my thoughts or fangirl about OTPs.

Music


Bad blood - Taylor Swift ft Kendrick Lamar

Do I even need to explain myself here? Taylor Swift, you bad ass queen! I love this video. I think it's one of Tay's best (along with Blank Space) so far. The whole bad ass/girl-power vibe is diferent from her past music videos. Also, I liked that she took all or her best friends to be a part of the video instead of hiring various actors/models. And her red hair at the end.. loved it!



Hold back the river - James Bay

James Bay is my latest obsession in the music area. Not only he has a great and interesting voice, he has the look. He reminds me of Harry Styles with his long hair and hat - and they're both British. I love his whole album and have nothing negative to say about him he's a real good artist. Everyone should check him out!